Natural Stone Industry Training Group
Phone: Claire J Wallbridge P.G.C.E 07511 464346
Or email email@example.com
Training and Assessment Options
Routes to gain a Stone Masonry Qualification.
Apprenticeships & Up-skilling
There are several options open for training and assessment:
Full Apprenticeship (Trailblazer) - You will attend a college course, on a block/day release basis from your employer, where you will aim to achieve an apprenticeship in Stone Masonry. All Apprentices undertake a core of training and then select an optional route they wish to undertake depending on their choice of skill. There are optional routes for, Banker, Exterior Fixer, Internal Fixer, Heritage mason, Memorial mason and Facade Preservation.
Specialist Applied-skills/Upskilling Programmes
Currently there is also an industry accredited Specialist Applied-skills or Specialist Upskilling Programme consisting of a variable training package (between 5 to 30 days), with the relevant NVQ competency assessment. These are provided by Priestman Associates under a Service Level Agreement with CITB, contact NSITG for more information:
- Level 2 Facade Preservation (with L2 NVQ, Facade Preservation)
- Level 2 Stone Fixer (with L2 NVQ, Stone Fixer)
On Site Assessment and Training (OSAT)
NSITG has reduced fees for members undertaking OSAT. Contact Claire@nsitg.org.uk for more information.
This route is designed to enable experienced workers to gain the relevant NVQ achievement. This is the best route for a candidate that is already doing the role to an industrial standard and needs that recognising in the form of a qualification. Evidence of competency and knowledge will be required.
Stonemasonry based OSAT NVQs are available in:
- NVQ Level 2: Banker Masonry, Stone Fixing, Stone Cladding, Memorial Masonry, Stone Cutting
- NVQ Level 3: Banker Masonry, Heritage Skills Mason, Stone Fixing, Stone Cladding, Memorial Masonry
- NVQ Level 4: Senior Skills: Stonemason
Additional related OSAT NVQs are available in:
- NVQ Level 2: Facade Cleaner, Facade Restorer, Water Jetting
- NVQ Level 3:, Heritage Skills Facade Preservation
Additional Supervisor/Manager OSAT NVQs are available in:
- NVQ Level 3: Occupational Work Supervision (Construction)
- NVQ Level 3: Contracting Operations (for either: Planner, Surveyor, Estimator, Draughtsperson)
- NVQ Level 6: Construction Site Management: Building & Civil Engineering
- NVQ Level 6: Construction Site Management: Conservation
- NVQ Level 6: Construction Contracting Management